Police in Fermanagh are investigating the theft of a trailer from a property at Carrybridge in Lisbellaw sometime between 11pm on Friday (12th) and 12.50am the following morning, The trailer has CBC sprayed on the side and was full of builders rubble and broken glass. It also has a damaged rear mudguard. Anyone who saw suspicious activity in the area or has information regarding the whereabouts of the trailer is asked to telephone police on 0845 600 8000. Alternatively information can be passed on anonymously through the ‘Crimestoppers’ charity on freephone 0800 555 111.
Police are appealing for witnesses after the rear spoiler of car parked outside a hotel on the Inishmore Road in Lisbellaw was damaged sometime between 9pm on Saturday (13th) and 1pm the following day. Anyone who saw suspicious activity in the area is asked to contact police on 0845 600 8000. Alternatively information can be passed on anonymously through the ‘Crimestoppers’ charity on freephone 0800 555 111.
PROTECT YOUR CARAVAN
Police are asking caravan owners to be cautious after two television sets were stolen from a caravan in the Killadeas area at the beginning of March. The following advice should help keep your caravan and personal property as safe as possible over Easter.
· Always lock your vehicle, boat or caravan when leaving it.
· Don’t leave anything valuable on show. Lock away valuables or them with you. Attractive items to thieves are handbags, cameras, mobile phones, chequebooks and cash.
· If bringing items to your boat or caravan make sure that they are marked with your postcode. Leave as little as possible in the caravan over lengthy periods of absence. If items must be left, ensure they are stored out of sight.
· Consider fitting an alarm to your caravan or boat.
· Immobilise your caravan by using a good quality hitchlock device or wheel clamp.
· Tracking devices can also be fitted to boats and caravans.
· Use strong close shackle padlocks on all hatches and entry points to your boat.
· Keep boat and engine keys separately
· Record model and serial numbers of all equipment.
· Get to know other boat or caravan owners. Ask them to keep an eye on your property and you can return the favour.
· Report any suspicious activity to police. Familiarise yourself with the PSNI telephone number, 0845 600 8000, and keep it handy.
CHARITY SHOP THEFT
Police are appealing for witnesses following the theft of items from a charity shop on Townhall Street last Wednesday (10th). A purse and a set of keys have been reported missing as well as a small amount of cash. The culprits dropped a pair of jeans as they made their exit from the rear of the shop into Wellington Road. Anyone who was in the area on Wednesday afternoon and saw suspicious activity close to the premises is asked to contact Enniskillen station on 0845 600 8000. Alternatively information can be passed on anonymously through the ‘Crimestoppers’ charity on freephone 0800 555 111.
Archive for March 2010