Half a million won in Ballymote Sligo
In last night’s All or Nothing draw, Monday 14 June 2010, a player matched all 12 numbers and won €500,000. This winning ticket was purchased in SuperValu, Lord Edward St., Ballymote, Co. Sligo and is yet to be claimed.
The winning numbers for this draw are:
01, 02, 03, 08, 10, 12, 14, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24
The National Lottery advise all players to check their tickets carefully, as they could be the holder of this winning ticket from last night’s All or Nothing draw worth of €500,000. Read more
John Hume being frisked by British soldiers
Former SDLP Leader and Foyle MP John Hume and Nobel Peace Prize winner has spoken following the publication of the Saville report into Bloody Sunday.
“The people of Derry have always known that everyone shot on Bloody Sunday was entirely innocent. With the publication of the Saville Report, the British state has acknowledged their innocence and that its army murdered on that day. Now the world knows the truth that Derry has always known.
“One of the landmark events when I represented Derry at Westminster was when Tony Blair announced the Saville Inquiry. I am proud to have been in Guildhall Square to hear its findings announced by the families. Read more
A scene from the slaughter that was Bloody Sunday
14 murdered by British Army in Derry declared innocent after 38 year battle over Bloody Sunday atrocity
INNOCENT – 38 years of pain and suffering by those who lost loved ones in the murder of innocent civilians on Bloody Sunday, 30th January 1972 by British paratroopers came to a conclusion today as they were all declared innocent.
And it should never have happened, British Prime David Cameron said this afternoon in the House of Commons. While stopping short of calling it murder or unjustified killings, The British PM said the actions of that day were both “unjustified and unjustifiable”.
He said that on behalf of the British people, he was “deeply sorry”.
British soldiers opened up the shootings on the day and did not issue any warnings. None of the casualties were armed or posed any threat to the soldiers, the Saville report has concluded. Read more
Micheal Martin, Minister for Foreign Affairs
Micheal Martin, Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs has confirmed that a member of the Israeli diplomatic team in Ireland is to be expelled as a result of the use of fraudulent Irish passports in the death of an Hamas leader Mr. Mahmoud al Mabhouh in Dubai on 19 January last. Israel is widely known to have been behind the assassination.
In a statement Minister Martin said:
This morning, I briefed the Government on the outcome of the investigations conducted by the Department of Foreign Affairs’ Passport Service and by An Garda Síochána into the fraudulent use of Irish passports by persons suspected of involvement in the assassination of Mr. Mahmoud al Mabhouh in Dubai on 19 January last. You will be aware that these two investigations were initiated as soon as the Government first received official confirmation, following the press conference given by the Dubai Chief of Police on 15 February, that Irish passports, along with those of a number of other countries, had been fraudulently used by those responsible for the murder of Mr. Mabhouh. Read more
The Fine Gael Leader, Enda Kenny TD has advised his Front Bench that their meeting today would be the last of the current group.
He advised the group that a new Front Bench would be appointed early next week.
He also added that he looked forward to every one of the 70 Fine Gael Parliamentarians having their say at Thursday’s meeting of the Parliamentary Party where a Motion of Confidence in his leadership would be debated and voted on.
That forum, he added, was the only forum to decide the Leadership of the Party.
Deputy Kenny concluded by saying that he looked forward to leading the Party into the upcoming General Election where he expected the Party to continue its electoral record of success and lead the next Government.
European Commission buildings in Brussels
What can the EU do to help protect children from violence and poverty and ensure that their fundamental rights are respected?
That’s the question the European Commission is asking in a new public consultation that will help shape more child friendly legislation at an EU and national level.
This online consultation is open until the 20th August to all those who have an interest in protecting the rights of children.
The HSE is looking for submissions from any interested parties (service users, families, community and voluntary sectors, staff working in addiction services, HSE colleagues, academic and research bodies and other key stakeholders) to inform a Review of the current Methadone Treatment Protocol.
The National Drugs Strategy 2009 – 2016 requires that a review of the protocol takes place, and the HSE has commissioned Professor Michael Farrell, Professor of Addiction Psychiatry and Director of Postgraduate Medical Education in the Institute of Psychiatry London, to conduct the Review. Professor Joe Barry, Professor of Population Health Medicine at Trinity College Dublin will work with Prof. Michael Farrell on this review. Read more
Mullaghmore in Sligo has lost its Blue Flag status
Mullaghmore in County Sligo is one of six beaches in Ireland that have lost their prestigious Blue Flag status, an international voluntary eco-label for beaches and marinas.
However on the flip side of the coin, Rosses Point had regained the status it had lost.
There was also very good news for Donegal, which now has the second highest number of Blue Flags in the country, 12. Top with 13 flags is Kerry, while Mayo has 11.
As well as in Sligo the Blue Flag awards were lost in Brittas Bay South, Co Wicklow, Ross and Old Head, Co Mayo, Traught and Ceibh an Spidéal, Co Galway. Read more