Donegal South West Senator Brian Ó Domhnaill has today welcomed confirmation from the Minister of State at the Office of Public Works Dr. Martin Manseragh TD that funding of €250,000 has been allocated to Donegal County Council for minor flood mitigation works and studies in the Gweedore area.
Ó Domhnaill said: “I very much welcome this allocation which is being provided to Donegal County Council for minor flood mitigation works and studies in the Gweedore area following last years flooding. I have been making constant representations to the Minister to have this funding made available and I am delighted that the allocation has now been sanctioned.
“The funding is provided for the following works;
- Meenaniller L1363-2 €73,044 - Upgrading of 600mm pipe with 900mm pipe; Installation of 1200mm pipe; culvert replacement
- Meenaniller €7,200 – Study
- An Seascan Beag L1263 €36,135 – Replacement of O Fearraigh’s Bridge
- An Seascan Beag L1263 €42,300 – Replacement of Fred Coll’s Bridge
- Derrybeg €27,000 – R259 & Patrick O Donnell’s dwelling
- Derrybeg €31,500 – Behind Patrick O Donnell’s dwelling
- Ard na gCeapairi R257 €29,700 – Replacement of existing 600mm pipe and stone culvert with two manholes, together with road crossing and accommodation works on two dwellings
- Cladyknit €3,600 - Study